Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Class 7 (23 July 2014)


At the IWM
Well today was a good day. Today’s class visited the Imperial War Museum in London, and well let me say… I wasn’t all that interested in the beginning, and it wasn’t until I started really getting into the readings on the displays that my interest was sparked. I spent most of my time in the Holocaust part of the museum, which is about two floors full of belonging from the Nazi’s to the Jews that were murdered. I knew a lot about the story, especially since I’ve read the novel Night, by Elie Wiesel a few years back. It was crazy to think what these people went through at the time. I learned that most of the people took refuge in the United States and the United Kingdom. I was also reminded about the movie The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, in fact they even displayed the same jump suit that Shu was put into in the building. Unfortunately, today I didn’t get pictures. The area about the Holocaust was restricted to photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment