Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Class 3 (16 July 2014)

Westminster Abbey
A better day, that's all I can say... My cold or whatever I was ill of is slowly going away. Today was much more enjoyable than yesterday. I slept well, and woke up to do my presentation which I think went well.
It's awesome how we present... We present on the historical grounds of London. My presentation on Wuthering Heights was outside of Westminster Abbey. That is the cathedral where many royal weddings have taken place, and the most recent one being Prince Williams and Kate Middleton.
History fun fact: King Edward the confessor rebuilt Westminster Abbey to provide himself a royal burial church...

Aside from Westminster, we made a walk in front of the Big Ben where there was a group of protestors or a active group seeking to educate people about the way China has a high number of organ transplants...
Chinese Protest
The highest in the world, and they also don't release numbers on how many prisoners they execute... So this group claims that China is executing people in order to get organs. I thought it was very interesting, I had never seen a protest, and much less one of this manor.
As we continued our walk, we made our way to Tate Britain, which is an art museum... Personally, I'm not a very big art person so my friends and I really didn't see much of the art.
One of the notable things about my day is that I think I've finally mastered the London tube system. It's very simple actually, but coming from the RGV it takes some time to adjust.
Another mention I forgot to add in yesterday's post is that we climbed up 15 stories of stairs, which is equivalent to a 15 stories. 15 STORIES!!! We are definitely taking the elevator (or lift) next time, no matter how long the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment