Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Class 6 (22 July 2014)

Inside the Tower of London
So I didn't get a chance to post yesterday's blog so I'm posting these two together. As we continue to wind down the London trip, today I visited the Tower of London. I got to see where they tortured criminals in the castle. One of the most interesting parts of the tour is where all of the crowns, jewels, and what not are kept. We walk into this huge vault and get to see the priceless items on display. It was a spectacular viewing of these royal jewels. It makes me wonder why they get these crazy priceless things? Wouldn't it be amazing being born into that family?
After the Tower of London, I made my way into a play. A play on the Importance of being Earnest. It's a play I read back in high school, and I even got to see a production on it at my high school too. I love the irony of it. It's a spectacular play and it was even more amazing to watch it being performed live in front of me in London! Although it is cool to see a real show on the famous play, I didn't really like how it was performed. 
The play began with a group of old folks pretending to rehearse the play... so they actually began saying the story as if they were rehearsing in the living room... after the intermission... they began the story as if it was actually happening.I didn't like the way they went about the performance. I was really expecting young individuals playing the parts, it was odd seeing old people do... "no offense" (Class insider, courtesy of Brittany). But anyways, overall... I enjoyed the play, I even bought myself a little ice cream as I watched :) 


So yeah, that was basically my day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment