Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Class 2, (15 July 2014)

St. Paul's Cathedral
Today was a tough day. Overnight I had a crazy fever… I woke up in the middle of the night FREEZING. I was cuddled into a little ball so I got under the next set of blankets. As I woke up this morning I woke up sweating from the heat. It was the most unpleasant stay yet in London. This cold seems to be getting worse.
As I prepared for class I discovered a cheap alternative at a local gas station. I found fruits for less than 2 pounds. I also discovered a huge 2-liter bottle of purified water for less than 1 pound… that’s a steal in my book! So guess what I had for breakfast, pineapple and water. For lunch, I had more water, and a vanilla ice cream cone, and for dinner I had a meal deal at a local convenient store called Tesco, which consisted of a sandwich, potato chips, and an orange juice. I thought the vitamin C would help for my illness.
During the class tour we visited St. Paul’s Cathedral. The Cathedral is a prime example of class. The Cathedral was one of the tallest and biggest buildings for many years, I understood that Londoners wanted to make this the grandest building to show their wealth and class.
London Bridge
Another place we visited was the Tower of London. This shows the monarchy. They used that tower to control people in the past. There were many executions inside the tower which I thought was very interesting… especially that it’s said to be haunted. I didn’t get to enter the building because we had to make our way to the Lion King Show. Next door to the Tower of London was the London Bridge.

Aside from that the Lion King Show was AMAZING! It was so entertaining and amazing to watch despite my illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment