Thursday, July 24, 2014

Class 8 (24 July 2014)

Well that wraps it up for this London journey. Today is the lost official day of class, and we didn't make it to the Museum of London. They are closing early today at 4, and we probably would've gotten to the museum a little too late.
I pretty much took a chill day today and didn't venture out too much, especially cause I'm kind of tired of taking the tube. I collected my Oyster card deposit money, which is £5. It isn't much, but hey it's £5 extra I have. Currently I am packing all of my clothes and packing my souvenirs. I'm a little worried about surpassing the 50lb luggage limit, but I think I'll be okay. I'm going to put some souvenirs in my carry on backpack. Basically I don't plan on going off with a bang because I'm tired, and I'm packing all of my dirty clothes already... Everything is pretty much dirty!
Our flight takes off from Heathrow tomorrow at 9:30 ish AM, and well our taxi is picking us up at Colombia Hotel at 4:30 AM london time. I'm expected to be back in McAllen around 6:30 pm, and to be honest with you... I cannot wait. I deeply miss my bed, wifi, food, cheap prices, and the special people in my life.
I've taken a lot from this journey, and it's one I won't ever forget. I'm very grateful and honored to be a part of the 2014 UTPA London Study Abroad Program, and I do plan on visiting London within the next 10 years of my life again... Except without all the school work. I'd like to thank Dr. Zwerling for guiding me before we even got to London, and a special thanks to Mrs. Infante for always being here for us, worrying, and carrying for every singe one of us throughout the trip. I will always remember her waiting in the lobby for all of us on the first day, waiting to give us all a big welcoming hug! Thank you so much!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment